20091109

You could do better, you could be the greatest man in the world

The fact that you're sitting on my lap makes no difference to me. I will pay no attention to the kisses you're laying on my cheek. I will not care about the words you are saying.
But if you could wake me up with only your touch...
I might.
I might care.

I might care that you're telling me you love me. I might care that you're trying to give me the kiss of life. I might care that you're attempting to bring me back to life.
But you are not my Jesus Christ
you cannot bring me back to life.


My empire has fallen, I am not evil.
I am just a boy.
A teenage boy.



My eyes flicker open and I show a tiny smile.
Your tears mix with mine.

I am just a boy.
but unlike the others, I am in love.









(With myself, what a novel idea)

No comments:

Post a Comment