20090126

Day one: The original.

My name is Ryan Thomas Dilks and I play God.
It's a habit of mine, I suppose.
I don't do it on purpose, and I don't do it in the ways you might expect.
I don't change things, I don't hook people up, and I don't try to do anything beyond what is my business.
But I drop words onto paper and rearrange them in the ugliest ways possible.
So that they become this form of Fucked-up Poetry.
And people love it.
People embrace it.
People engulf it.
I would say that I hate my "talent" of word-weaving.
But I believe that hate is a wasted emotion.
Hatred is a sacred thing, as is Love.
And wasting them on people and objects is pointless.
People do not fall in love multiple times in their life time (this is not a fact but my own personal philosophy) but once.
And to be honest, it's probably not going the be the first person you find.
And you might never fall in love.

People say that life begins at birth, some say it begins at conception.
I say that life begins when you ask it to.
A person can be breathing for 92 years and have a beating heart for 93 and never have lived.
Life is a fleeting thing.
Life is not slipping through our fingers, time is.
Life is something we have too much of.

There is no love greater than the one that you have for yourself.
No matter who you are.

And finally.
My English teacher (I hope to death that she reads this) might be having a fit right now due to my improper grammar.
But this is not done for a grade.
It's done because I cannot bear to write nothing but a persuasive essay on a topic I don't care at all about.


God is love,
Ryan Dilks.



ps: I won't be anywhere on Tuesday the Twenty-Seventh of January, because I refuse to exist that day.

2 comments:

  1. Your wish has been granted...Okay, so I knew you were pretty smart, but I had no idea I was dealing with a genius. You make so many good points, but I think the one I like best is the observation you make about whether or not people are really living. This is such a good point. But in order to truly agree with you, I have to make a little tweak. You state that "life begins when you ask it to..." I think life begins when you decide to start living. I guess it's just a matter of semantics, but saying that people have to "ask" life to begin make it sound as though people are weak. I guess maybe I'm an agressive personality, but I like to think that one's life truly begins when you start making your life happen. Do you know what I mean? By the way--I kind of figured I wasn't going to get that essay from you. I understand where you're coming from, but you need to get together a gameplan and start making things happen. It's great to be a rebel, as long as you have a better way and you walk in it--know what I mean? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this post very much as it has helped me a lot in my research and is quite interesting as well. Thank you for sharing this information with us.
    Buy Persuasive Essay Help

    ReplyDelete